Medical and Health Education
MEDRIX partners with Vietnamese colleagues to provide nursing education, autism education workshops, English Medical Terminology classes, and other medical education topics.
There are multiple ways that you can get involved with our Medical and Health Education programs. Be sure to check for available and upcoming opportunities under ‘Ways to Give and Participate–>Travel’. Click on the project pages below to learn more about how MEDRIX supports medical and health education in Vietnam, and feel free to contact us if you have questions!
- Autism Research and Development: Looking for qualified Autism specialists–doctors, nurses, educators, dietitians and physical/occupational therapists. Trips take place 1-2 times a year. Autism Workshops will be held in Hanoi, with a possibility of expansion into Hue. Total length of trip will be 10-14 days, including additional time for tourism. Volunteer today! Send your Professional COMBINED Travel App, Med History and Release of Liability and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact us for more information.
- Nursing Education: Looking for qualified nurse educators for the following specialties: “nursing process”, nursing management of the patient and nursing leadership with a focus on development of policies and procedures. Nursing workshops will occur at National Children’s Hospital in Hanoi and Hue Central Hospital in Hue, and will be held for 4-5 days in each location. Volunteer today! Only able to travel for one week of workshops?–trip may be scheduled around the volunteer’s availability. Send your Professional COMBINED Travel App, Med History and Release of Liability and resume/CV to email@example.com. Contact us for more information.
- English Medical Terminology: Looking for qualified doctors or nurse educators to teach English Medical Terminology to dedicated Vietnamese health care professionals. Course will be taught at National Children’s Hospital in Hanoi. Course length varies between 2 weeks to 3 months to 1 year, depending on the availability of the educator. Additionally there will be time for travel and tourism. Volunteer today! Send your Professional COMBINED Travel App, Med History and Release of Liability and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact us for more information.
- Pediatric Training Courses: MEDRIX regularly sponsors courses for doctors, nurses, and pediatric health specialists to improve their knowledge and skills in a pediatric-setting. Our courses closely follow the World Health Organization’s guidelines for effective Integrated Management of Childhood Illness strategy–an integrated approach to child health that focuses on the well-being of the whole child, not just treating the symptoms. Courses are taught at Hue Central Hospital, but dedicated specialists from all over Vietnam attend to bring their new-found knowledge back to their communities. In 2016 our long-time partner Dr. Pham Hoang Hung from Hue Central Hospital was recognized by the Ministry of Health for his outstanding efforts in IMCI education, and will help lead national curricula development.
- Psychiatric Nursing Education: Looking for qualified psychiatric nurse educators. Nursing workshops and courses will be taught at National Children’s Hospital in Hanoi. Workshops will be held for 6 days and there will be time for travel and tourism. Volunteer today!
- Medical Equipment and Education: The health care professionals that MEDRIX partners with in Vietnam are passionate and dedicated to changing lives in their communities. A lack of resources, including medical equipment, hinders their mission to care for their patients in a sustainable and effective way. There is an evident lack of blood pressure cuffs in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units and Intensive Care Units in both National Children’s Hospital in Hanoi and Hue Central Hospital in Hue, Vietnam. As a result, it can be very difficult to properly diagnose illness in little patients who are especially vulnerable. MEDRIX provides the tools needed to properly care for patients in the NICU and ICU. The MEDRIX team have hand-delivered more than 120 blood pressure cuffs and stethoscopes to our partners in Vietnam to use for training and more accurate assessment of little patients. As a result, countless young lives that come through the hospital will be properly diagnosed and cared for with confidence! MEDRIX thanks our partners at Acorn Uniforms in Bellevue, WA for providing the equipment at cost, and our donor network for covering the costs at our benefit luncheon!